Accepting advice

/ Forums / . Introductions / Accepting advice

• Author

Hello from MO- I’m Gwen and I have five kiddos ages 4-15. We’ve been homeschooling since my oldest asked to learn how to read when he was three. I’m
      New to schole- this past school year was our first to embrace it. Reading Teaching from Rest last summer changed everything for me.
      With a kindred spirit homeschool mom, I’ll be launching a schole sisters group within our homeschool group this summer. Would love tips and suggestions from those who have launch and led their own local groups. What are the “wish I would have known that” nuggets that you may have to offer?

• May 10, 2016 at 6:35 am #10061

Where in MO are you? I am moving to the St. Charles area and am trying to learn about co-ops, etc.

You may have seen this talk Christopher Perrin did on Schole, but just in case, here it is. If you scroll down, there is a link in the right column to his “School as Schole” talk. http://insideclassicaled.com/?p=698

• May 10, 2016 at 6:35 am #12174

I’m in St. Louis and grew up in St. Charles. Our area seems to have more learning centers than co-ops. Classical Conversations is big in this area also.

Yes – I’ve been watching all the schole talks online. 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.