Any Requests for Season 2?

• Author

I’m finishing up the editing of Episode 8, the final episode in Season 1. If you have any topics you’d like to see us cover in future episodes (or guests, but if guests, we want to know what you want us to talk to them about), we are still developing the schedule for Season 2.

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #9249

Thanks for helping me get back onto the forums, Brandy! I do have a topic. I’m wondering if you Schole Sisters ever experience what I have been calling “reaching my brain’s over-saturation point”, when it comes to mother culture. I find that my passion and desire to read and explore is immense, and sometimes it distracts from my tasks, sometimes fills up my brain to the point of shut-down (and I don’t always realize this is happening until it’s too late!). Does this ring true for anyone? I just started a blog that I’m using to wrestle with this question, and my About page might clarify what I’m talking about a bit more: https://rubbermeetsroadblog.wordpress.com/about/

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #9315

Ooh! Meghan, I LOVE this idea. I am putting it in my spreadsheet, along with a link to your blog post so I don’t forget where to find it!

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #9511

Thanks Brandy!!

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #10688

Oh my goodness Meghan, yes! I am glad to know I am not the only crazy mom out there who feels that way! I’ve been learning so much, sometimes I feel like my brain is going to burst. The house becomes a disaster, kids schoolwork goes undone…but I am slowly learning how to balance my desire to spend time learning/reading/thinking/writing with the “necessary stuff of life”! When I try to explain to my husband (or anyone, for that matter) what I’m learning, I feel like I don’t even know where to start, there is just so much. I’m hoping to get a blog up and running this summer so that I have a place that will force me to sort out my thoughts into something meaningful, and that will *hopefully* be of value to somebody else too. I’m going to check out your About page right now 😉 I would love to hear this as a topic on the podcast.

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #10751

Oh my, Meghan! I can relate to this very much. SO much to learn, so little time. I loved your blog post; you sum up the struggle well.My natural tendency is to retreat,read and research. I too would love to hear this addressed on the podcast.

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #14950

YES! This topic is totally something I’ve been wading through as well and I would love a podcast on it!!

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #33758

I would love to have a late start guide. We have just started with Classical and Charlotte Mason. I would really appreciate “how to transition to CM or Classical tradition” when nothing you did was similar. What to start with, what to focus on at first and I don’t know what else because I need this talk.

Also Schole top 10 reads? What are the best books to help a new mom starting self-education and Schole?

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #33808

Ooh! These are good! I’m putting them in my spreadsheet … believe it or not, we’re already planning Season 3!

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #33934

I’m working on a blog post right now on the value of hard work, and am working through a lot of ideas relating to the concept of work vs. rest and what that means. As I was working on it I was thinking it might make a great schole podcast discussion! Questions like..Is the value in the rest, or in the reward? Do we work for work’s sake, or do we work so we can “earn” our rest? Is it possible for our work to be done in a “restful” way? How does all of this relate to salvation by grace through faith, and not by works?

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #33956

Oh wow! I want to read it when you’re done! What an amazing topic!

• May 6, 2016 at 1:07 pm #34828

Well…what started as an idea for *one* blog post has somehow turned into 3! So it’s not “done” but I published the first one last night:) It’s here if you want to check it out!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.