Forums Find Your Virtual Sisters Circe Regional Winter Conference

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jillcourser 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

jillcourser

Anyone else here going to the Circe regional conference in Louisville next week? My husband and I will be there…so excited!

Amanda

Jill,

I won’t be able to attend, since we are celebrating birthdays next weekend (my husband and our son) but I live in Louisville. If you need anything while you’re in town, please let me know! Are you staying downtown? I might be able to recommend some places to eat or get good coffee, etc. 🙂

Amanda

jillcourser

We are staying right at the conference location at the Seelbach Hotel 🙂 So yes, restaurant suggestions would be great! Preferably within walking distance downtown, healthy menu options, and not crazy expensive. And suggestions for great coffee downtown…coffee lover here!

Amanda

The Seelbach? Fancy! It’s a beautiful hotel, and on my bucket list to stay there sometime. 🙂

I’ll start with coffee, since it’s a priority topic for me, haha! Heine Bros is a local chain, and they are good, if not my personal favorite. You shouldn’t have trouble finding a Heine Bros, there’s one on W. Main and one on 4th St. (Just down from the 4th St. Heine Bros is Cellar Door chocolates, which have the most delicious bourbon balls, among other good chocolates!) For coffee, my personal favorite in the downtown area is Sunergos. So good. You could easily walk, depending on our weather this weekend. From the hotel, head down Muhammad Ali Blvd towards 5th. Turn towards the river and walk about a quarter mile, just past the Spinelli’s pizza parlor, and you’ll be at Sunergos! I haven’t been to the downtown location, but the reviews look consistent to what I’d expect from Sunergos! And they roast their own beans, so yum! I am hearing that it’s a bit small, so you might not be able to sit and enjoy your coffee, though. 🙁

For food: 4th Street Live is very close to where you are. It has some chains (TGI Fridays) but some local places, too. Guy Fieri just opened a Smokehouse there, but I’ve not heard any reviews on it yet. I might not be the person to ask about that “healthy menu options” thing, since when I am headed downtown, it’s usually for an Occasion, and healthy eating isn’t topping the list for those experiences. Ha! I’m hearing really good things about Hot Box Eatery for lunches. If the weather holds for y’all, get a picture in front of Troll Pub Under the Bridge, at 2nd and Main. It’s not a long walk, and it’s a great photo opp for a tourist-y type picture with a troll. Silly, but fun.

I can’t think of anything to add to this. I really hope you enjoy my hometown!

Amanda

Amanda

Jill – Willing to share any insights from the conference? I’m so sorry I missed it, not least of all because it was in my backyard! How was the Seelbach? I’d love a good rundown of it all!

Amanda

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.