Hello from Kern County!

/ Forums / Find Your Local Sisters / California / Hello from Kern County!

• Author

If anyone in this area is looking for an in-real-life mother’s group, we have one that you’re welcome to join. We’ve been reading through Charlotte Mason’s first volume (Home Education) recently, but for the summer, we’re doing meetings on Shakespeare, Plutarch, and one where we’ll do a practice nature journal entry. 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #7795

Can I be local?

Of course, that might involve doing homework … hmmmm …

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #7835

I think that might be a bit of a drive for you, Dawn!

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #14947

Hi Brandy, I live in Tulare County and a friend discovered via your Facebook that you aren’t very far away! Apparently you are distantly related to my midwife as well, it’s such a small world in the valley. 😉 We were wondering though if we could visit your group since we are wanting to start one here. My email is brittanymichellel@gmail.com if that would be a simpler way to communicate. 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #15213

Hi Brittany!

I just saw this reply, so I’m emailing you now. 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #44961

Brandy, is the real-life mother’s group still active? We are going to be moving to Bakersfield in the next few months.

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #44963

No way!! YES we still meet in real life — usually it’s the third Tuesday evening of the month at Panera on Stockdale Hwy (93311 zip code). We would LOVE to have you join us. Can you tell I’m excited? 🙂

Once you get here, give me your email address and I’ll put you on our email list. The emails are sent by a woman named Hayley Beck.

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #44990

Wonderful! I’ll message you when we get into town, which probably won’t be until September. 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #45178

I look forward to hearing from you! ♥

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #49039

I have no clue how to message you (not sure how the Public Message works), so I figured I would just respond here. We are not quite in town yet, but plan to drive in on or about September 3, so close enough. My email is georgina.niemeyer@gmail.com. I am really looking forward to connecting with other Kern County mamas in real life! 🙂 Is the group reading anything right now that I can jump into?

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #49051

Georgina, I just added you to the (e)mailing list! So exciting! We skip August, so our next meeting is the third Tuesday evening in September. We’re reading the curriculum section of Home Education by Charlotte Mason right now — VERY slowly. 🙂 I’m pretty sure we’re finishing that up in Sept, though, with the last three sections (Grammar, French, and Pictorial Art).

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #49050

I am in Ridgecrest–a little too far to join your group. Have a wonderful year learning together, ladies! Maybe a new group for this area is in order…:) Carla

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #49052

It’s been a long time since I’ve been in Ridgecrest, so forgive the ignorance of this question, but how close are you to Tehachapi? One of our old leaders reloacted there a couple years ago and she leads a group there. Maybe that is close enough? I’m not sure…

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #49053

Ridgecrest is about an hour and a half from Tehachapi. Maybe I will start asking around to see if there is an interest here for a new group. By the way, I heard a couple of your talks earlier this summer down in Ontario. You and the other speakers helped me to feel less stressed and more inspired. Thank you!

• May 5, 2016 at 8:46 am #49058

I’m glad you found GHC helpful! ♥

And yes … 90 minutes is TOO FAR! I hope starting a new group works out. I will be praying for you!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.