Hello from Michigan!

/ Forums / . Introductions / Hello from Michigan!

• Author

Hi ladies! My name is Jill, and we live in the “thumb” area of Michigan. My husband and I have been married 15 years and have 5 boys, ages 13, 11, 8, 6, and 2! Never a dull moment around here 🙂

We have homeschooled all our kids from the beginning. I started with a classical approach, using The Well Trained Mind as a framework. Over the years we have tried some different things but generally aimed for classical-ish ideals. But early on I had done a little reading on Charlotte Mason and Ambleside Online. At the time it was so overwhelming…but through a series of Providential events the Lord led our family back in that direction last summer. Cindy Rollin’s “Mason Jar” podcast was so instrumental! Also read “Teaching From Rest” around the same time, listening to Schole Sisters, Your Morning Basket, Circe Institute, etc. I feel like our homeschool has been completely refreshed. Truly a blessing from God. I’m planning on starting a Schole Sisters group this summer to hopefully convince some more ladies families in our area how wonderful the idea of “school as schole” really is 😉 So thankful for this online community to share our experience with!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.