Hello from the Ann Arbor, MI area!

/ Forums / . Introductions / Hello from the Ann Arbor, MI area!

• Author

We are starting our third year homeschooling. I feel like we are just now finding our groove.

I am only homeschooling our youngest daughter who will be 13 this August. (My other two children have graduated from traditional high school)

I know Classical style homeschooling is right for us, but I haven’t figured out the day-to-day of it yet.

One challenge is that I work part time (at the library).

I am excited to talk classical/Charlotte Mason homeschooling with folks for most homeschoolers that we have met are I schoolers (which I respect, but it doesn’t work for us).

• June 27, 2016 at 8:11 am #15170

Hi! Just saw this after reading your reply about the Schole Michigan email list! I wish I would have “met” you on here a week ago…we just had a great little meetup with Karen Glass, author of Consider This, in Ann Arbor this past Saturday! If you haven’t read her book, definitely do…she does a wonderful job of digging into how a Charlotte Mason education fits so perfectly with the classical model. Very insightful. There is also a facebook group called Charlotte Mason Homeschooling in Michigan that you might like to join. It’s starting to be pretty active:)

• June 27, 2016 at 8:11 am #15175

Thanks so much for replying!!!
      I will check out the FB group!

I’m not a good CM homeschooler, but I would love to get together with similar minded homeschooling moms.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.