Hello from WI!

/ Forums / . Introductions / Hello from WI!

• Author

Hi everyone! I live in southeastern WI (I see there is no Wisconsin in the list of states; does that mean schole isn’t allowed here?). =)

I was homeschooled from 5th grade through high school. My husband and I have 4 children and I started out by homeschooling all of them. The older three have been in public school for two years now. They are 13, 12, and 10. The youngest will be 5 next month and I will be homeschooling her in the fall. I may be bringing the 10 year old home, too. I fell in love with the classical model when reading The Well-Trained Mind, but am now really interested in bring Charlotte Mason in to it, more. I have a lot of thinking and reading to do!!

Since I don’t have a group locally, I am glad to have this forum. Maybe someone else from WI will join, too!

• May 7, 2016 at 3:36 pm #8519

Hello Laura, I’m from WI as well!…And, hello to everyone else 🙂

I hope Schole is allowed in WI because I’m in the process of starting a group 😉 I am from West Central WI and currently homeschool our three kids, ages 12, 11, and 3. I also have two older adopted daughters that are grown and gone, the second being a homeschool graduate as we’re just finishing up our 8th year of homeschooling.

I’ve also been leading a local Charlotte Mason group for about 4-5 years. We recently finished studying A Philosophy of Education using Brandy’s Principle Study and are looking forward to some summer schole. We meet in and around the Chippewa Valley. We are just beginning to read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy and plan to meet in mid to late May for discussion after reading Part I & II. If you’re in our area and would like to join, let me know! …also, if anyone else is interested, maybe we could chat here as well.

I’m really excited about this group!

Thanks,
      Melissa

• May 7, 2016 at 3:36 pm #8589

Another Wisconsinite here! I’m a mom of four: 15, 9, 6, and 3 and have been homeschooling for ten years. I’m also a second-generation HS’er, having been HS’ed from 6th on. I started my own HS’ing journey with the Well-Trained Mind, but with time, experience, and much interaction with the ladies at the WTM forums, our homeschool became a mixture of classical, CM, and a little Waldorf.

I was introduced to the concept of Schole by what has become a long and famous thread on the WTM forums re: the Circe Institute. I will be forever grateful for what I learned from Andrew Kern and Christopher Perrin and how that all helped to simplify and deepen our homeschooling experience.

I’m married to a guy in the IT industry and we live rurally. I love travelling, time in nature, and home design. I look forward to discussing things with like-minded people here!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.