Hello!

/ Forums / . Introductions / Hello!

• Author

Hi!

I’m Dawn but I usually go by ‘dawn’ or ‘ladydusk’ online. I have three kids, M-girl is 11, N-boy is 10, R-girl is 8 (9 next month!). My husband is Jason, a software developer.

We live in Central Ohio and are members of an Orthodox Presbyterian Church where my husband is a Deacon.

We homeschool using Charlotte Mason- Classcial methods. We are loving Ambleside Online as our curriculum guide.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you!

Blessings,

dawn
      2Sam 14:14

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8019

Hi Dawn, nice to see you here! 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8021

Hello!

My name is Anne Bean and I live in Oregon. I feel like I’m finally hitting my homeschool groove this year using Ambleside Online + my own flavor of classical homeschooling. Hooray! I’ve enjoyed previous years, but our days are much more satisfying for all of us now and I have more confidence that we are accomplishing our goals, academic and otherwise.

I have an 8 year old daughter who is very intellectually minded and loves to climb trees and tinker with things. I am also homeschooling my 5 year old daughter who is an avid reader, chatters nonstop, and can’t decide whether her short amount of school is the absolute BEST or the absolute WORST part of her day. My three year old boy loves to be right in the thick of things (don’t all three year olds?) and my baby girl rounds out our family so far.

I don’t participate much online but I’ve sure learned a lot from blogs and podcasts on my homeschooling journey. You wonderful Schole Sisters (Pam, Mystie, Brandy, and Sarah) have helped me adjust my schedule, routines, and curriculum choices so there is more peace, more learning, and more happiness in our home. I’m so grateful you’ve carved out the time to share.

-Anne Bean

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #10389

Hi Anne! Sounds like a fun, albeit busy household! I love AO, too 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8025

Hi. I am Lindsay Ronning. I live in Overland Park, KS and have kids 6,4,2 and 11 months. We are eclectic but do classical conversations. We use some technology based programs for Math and learning Reading. We are doing the Read Aloud Challenge right now too.

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8037

Hello, my name is Erin and I live in Southern Ontario in Canada with my husband and two children (10 & 12). We have been homeschooling for a year now, following Classical Methods with a touch of Charlotte Mason thrown in.

I was so pleased to come across Pam and Sarah early on in my research for homeschooling, and have now enjoyed the Schole Sisters Podcasts. Our favourite time of day is Morning Time (my husband makes us get up early so he can be a part of it before he leaves for work) where we study the Bible, do memory work, latin, and read-aloud.

My son has just announced he wants to do high school at home, so I am knee deep in research for that now too!!

I am starving for some stimulating conversation, and a lot of motivation to read for myself, so I am excited about this forum!

– Erin

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8040

Yay! A big welcome to all of you! I’m so glad to see you all here. 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8064

Hi to everyone!

I’m Lisa, mom to 5 monkeys who most definitely keep me on my toes. 🙂

We’ve been at this homeschooling thing for a few years now and while I always look at Ambleside Online as I plan each year I also always end up with a book list that is mostly of my own making. (But AO does give me a great starting point and I do appreciate that).

We are Eastern Orthodox Christians and so that affects just about everything we do as well.

I blog at Through the Mind to the Heart and I’m on the WTM and AO forums as Mrs. A.

I’m so looking forward to see this forum get going and being able to connect with my sisters!

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8093

Yay! Hi Lisa!

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #8081

Hi Dawn! ?

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #10390

Hi Amy! Are you my local IG friend Amy? Glad to see you 🙂

• May 5, 2016 at 7:36 am #10385

Hi Dawn!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.