Lansing

• Author

Hi there!

My name is Amanda Venema and I blog at hisnewday.com. I live in the Lansing area and have been homeschooling our kiddos since the beginning. Our kids are currently 10, 8, and 5. I co-lead a classical homeschooler book club in our area and would love to have our community grow. I’m looking forward to connecting with other like-minded mommas!

• May 5, 2016 at 8:25 am #7787

Huzzah!

• May 5, 2016 at 8:25 am #8060

Hello! I’m Lori, and I’m in Detroit. From stats I’ve seen there’s a pretty significant and growing number of homeschoolers in the city but very little homeschool community (at least that I’ve been able to find!–I’ve come across a number of groups in the suburbs but nothing actually within the city itself). I wonder if it’s because so many people go with different schooling options in the city (we have probably six or seven families with kids in a one-block radius and everybody’s kids go to a different school–public, private, charters, etc.) so social life doesn’t revolve around the local public school and I know I’ve never felt really “different” homeschooling here. However, I would love to meet more local homeschoolers!

• May 5, 2016 at 8:25 am #10570

Hi Amanda! I met you at the Sarah Mackenzie meetup right? I thought maybe I would see you here 🙂 Thanks to your suggestion, I signed up for the “Bringing Schole to Your Homeschool” summer course with Dr. Perrin and Pam Barnhill! I can’t wait! If you hadn’t mentioned it to me I probably would have never heard about it so…thank you!

• May 5, 2016 at 8:25 am #10717

Jill!!! How fun to connect with you on here! I’m so glad to hear that you will be taking Dr. Perrin’s course. You will love it!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.