Sacramento

• Author

Hello, I am a mom of six kiddos and we are in Sacramento. 🙂

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #12740

Hi Kimberly! Nice to meet you, I’m not that far away from you. I live outside of Nevada City. I’m working on getting a summer nature study group together with a few other women in the Sacramento area, let me know if you’re interested! We’ll be meeting in Fair Oaks in the morning once a month over the summer.

Amber

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #12917

Thanks, Amber! Wow, Nevada City to Fair Oaks is quite a drive for you…

I am totally interested in a nature study group! Thanks for letting me know. I just happened to see your CM West site a few weeks ago. I am excited 🙂

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #13069

Hi Kimberly,

Yes, it is a bit of a drive, but I’ve found that if I want to do something with other families who are interested in CM and/or classical education, that’s what I have to do.

Can you email me at amber@vanderpol.net and I’ll get you included in the nature study group loop. Thanks!

Amber

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #13152

I’m impressed you’re going to do the drive, Amber! I hope you all have a great time. 🙂

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #13394

Me too, Brandy! LOL But I figure I can do it a few times over the summer… and ever since going to the Seattle conference I’m so eager to get together with other moms who do the sorts of things that I do. I homeschooled for a long time without any fellow travelers, and now that I know they are out there, I want to try and meet up at least occasionally!

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #13290

Email done! Thanks again.

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #34109

Kimberly and Amber,

Were you able to have any meet ups over the summer? I live in Roseville, so I am pretty much between Sacramento and Nevada City and we frequent both. In fact, Amber, we just were at the Empire Mine this past weekend.

We have tried several area homeschool groups but nothing ever seems to click. We homeschooled my oldest for five years before dropping him into the fire of public school sixth grade (at his request). So now I just have a first grader and preschooler.

Megan

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #34114

Hi Megan,

We were able to meet up a couple of times over the summer at Bannister Park in Fair Oaks. The time we were meeting didn’t seem to be working for people during the school year, but I met up with one of the moms who was at Bannister Park for a hike and nature journaling at Auburn State Park a week ago and we both enjoyed it. We’re planning on doing it again (weather permitting!) on Nov. 18th, and a couple other families might join us too. You’re welcome to join us! BTW, the four moms who are meeting are all CM, just so you know. If you’re interested, send me an email at amber@vanderpol.net and I’ll keep you in the loop and give you the details.

Amber

• June 4, 2016 at 10:04 am #34195

Thanks, Amber! Hopefully that would work out for us. I just sent you an email.

Megan

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.