Forums Find Your Local Sisters Virginia Shenandoah Valley

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MichelleDee 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

MichelleDee

Hi ladies! We are in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

MichelleDee

Hello all Shenandoah Valley CMers!

You are invited to a Charlotte Mason discussion group. I have been wanting to find a few ladies to discuss Charlotte Mason’s philosophy, and have finally made the plunge to seek some ladies out.

We will follow Brandy Vencel’s Start Here study guide (afterthoughtsblog.net/the-book). This study goes through Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles, using CM’s Volume 6 and Susan Schaeffer Macaulay’s For the Children’s Sake. She also accesses various articles online.

Details for the next meeting:

Tuesday, 7 February 2017
    7.15-9.00pm

Greenberry’s Coffee Shop
    400 S High St, Harrisonburg

brandy
      Keymaster

Hey Michelle!

I hope you don’t mind…we put this up on FB, too. (Not all the details, though … just that a group was starting.)

MichelleDee

sure. glad that you did. 🙂

MichelleDee

We are meeting on the THIRD Tuesday of the month, at 7.15pm. At the Greenberry’s Coffee Shop in Harrisonburg, VA. And, will be there tonight. Tonight we will be discussing the second principle, still using Brandy’s Start Here document.

Brandy, feel free to post that info on FB if you want. 🙂

candicelvs

Michelle,
    My sister-in-law lives in Harrisonburg. Are you still meeting the Third Tuesday of the Month – 7:15 PM – Greenberry’s? Thanks! Candice

MichelleDee

Hi Candice!

Thank you for asking. We are still meeting the third Tuesday of the month, but now a bit farther south which makes it more accessible to a few ladies. We meet at the Valley Pike Farm Market off the Weyers Cave exit.

What is her name? Please tell her to come! We will be discussing Principle 4.

Principle 4: These principles [of authority and obedience] are limited by the respect due to the personality of children, which must not be
    encroached upon whether by the direct use of fear or love, suggestion or influence, or by undue play upon any one natural desire.

Thanks! <>< Michelle

candicelvs

Michelle,
    Thanks! Her name is Logan Horne. I hope she does come and I forwarded her the information about your meeting time / place. We live in Haymarket, otherwise I would be joining you too!
    Candice

marymoury

Is this group still active?

MichelleDee

Yes. It is.

Third Tuesday of the month. We are now meeting at the Valley Pike Farm Market in Weyers Cave. Next meeting is Tuesday, 17 July 2018. Currently we are just meeting to encourage each other, and not doing any specific readings. We needed the summer break.

Let me know if you decide to come!

marymoury

Thank you so much for getting back to me, unfortunately, we will be on vacation that day. Maybe next month

MichelleDee

Enjoy your vacation! Write again and let me know if you can come in August. We should be meeting on the 21st, 7.00pm, at Valley Pike Farm Market.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.