Forums Find Your Local Sisters Indiana South Bend/Notre Dame Area

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AEDE 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

MamaCarrie7

Hi, we live in Granger, and would love to meet some local Scholé moms! I’ve got seven kids, from 21 down to 7 months old, and we’ve been homeschooling since 2000. I look forward to meeting you!
    Carrie

AEDE

Hi Carrie,
    I am in LaPorte, Indiana and homeschooling four children ranging from 3-12 years old.

Alyson

beachdays4me

Carrie,

I live in Edwardsburg, neighboring very closely to Granger. I just became acquainted with Schole. But I am interested in expanding my support in homeschooling with other moms. I currently have six children, age range between 13 yr. to 6 yrs. I would like to know if you were ever able to get a small Schole group together with Alyson.

Lisa

MamaCarrie7

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for posting!
    No, unfortunately life happened and we never connected. 🙁 Though maybe we could try again!

It’s nice to meet you! Have you always homeschooled?
    I’m just starting to reach out and connect with other moms again, too. I tend to hibernate after I have a baby. 🙂 My littlest is a year and a half now, so it’s time. Are you a member of any local homeschool groups? I wonder if there would be an interest in starting a schole group here….

Carrie

beachdays4me

Carrie,

Yes, I have always homeschooled my children. I have 6 children ranges in current ages from 6-13 yrs. We belong to the CHSM (Catholic Homeschooling Group).

I am just learning more about Schole. I’m sure I don’t know everything there is to know about the association. But, I’m always willing to explore opportunities to learn more for my family.

Is it my browser or do the links on the dashboard not work? I’d like to read the information on “Starting a Schole'” and learn more about it!

Lisa

AEDE

Hi Carrie and Lisa, I have received interest from women towards the Granger area in becoming a part of a Schole Group, so I imagine that if you started something, there would be enough interest. I want to make the distinction between a Schole Sisters Group and a Schole Group. A Schole Group is under Classical Academic Press and you can find out more information here http://scholegroups.com/what-is-a-schole-group/.
    A Schole Sisters Group would just be women getting together to discuss Schole and education and can be informal. I have had people interested in both, but the drive is too far for them or their children are too young for our Schole Group. So there definitely is interest if you choose to pursue it in your area.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.