What a beautiful idea!
We want to make that easy for you to do.
If you want to plan a local “teacher’s inservice day” for your own homeschool community at a local church, library, home, conference room, other retreat venue, or virtually – we’ll help you make it a day to remember.
October 10, 2020
The live event will be broadcast live using Crowdcast, but group leaders will also get a private YouTube Live link to stream.
For group events, you can request each person pays on our site individually (they will receive a certificate of purchase) or collect money at the door and send in an invoice after the fact. Either way, every group attendee will receive a group discount and lifetime replay access.
- 5 quality sessions
- discussion questions on pretty printables
- an optional schedule with time for small group discussions between sessions
- a checklist to help you not forget any details
- a low-cost option for a homeschool mom’s day out.
- a paper and digital way to take registration at the door or a process for each attendee to register on our site
- access to our private Local Leaders group inside Sistership
- the venue
- the food plan (take-out, cater, potluck, simple snacks – you’ll want something for this all-day event)
- the invitation process
- the hostessing of the event
We know group gatherings are more difficult and perhaps impossible this year, but we also want to encourage you to do what is possible in your circumstances to make a connection with a friend or two or three. It will take extra effort this year, but it is worth it to have the bond and the day of thoughtful discussion with people who care.
Here’s the logistics low-down:
- The group leader will purchase access to the retreat and fill out the form about their group event.
- We’ll establish contact and send the information packet with extra support via email.
- The group leader will arrange location and invitation and food details.
- The group leader publicizes the event and sends invitations as desired. It can be small and close-knit or a wide-open community affair.
- The group leader takes payment and registration information from attendees at the event or directs them to register on our site with a unique group rate discount code and checks for the receipt or proof of purchase from her attendees.
- After the event, if the hostess collected the cash herself, Scholé Sisters requests the registration inform, sets up access accounts for all attendees, and invoices the group leader.
- If the group has 5 or more attendees, the hostess’ registration fee will be refunded after the event; if the group is 2-4 attendees, half the hostess’ registration fee will be refunded.
The group rate is $20 per attendee, which is not due until after the event. This is a discount of $9 for your sisters, and each of them will still receive an account with lifetime access to the replays (if they provide their email address).
Let’s build one another up in love.
October 10, 2020
Interested in hostessing a retreat, even if it’s just a group of 2 or a virtual group? Fill out this form and we’ll keep you updated:
Does our event have to be on October 10?
No! If your event will be on a different day, please let us know so we can contact you at the right time after your event to followup with registrations and invoicing. Replays will be available at the same link on Crowdcast immediately and available as YouTube video replays by Monday, October 12.
Some groups are even using the retreat one session at a time during their monthly meetings. That totally works! Just collect the registration at or before the first meeting.
We started late. Can we start the live session from the beginning?
Unfortunately this isn’t supported by Crowdcast. While a session is live, you can watch live. The replay can begin at the beginning a few minutes after the live recording has ended.
Help! I’m not seeing the live session!
Notice the “schedule” link in the upper lefthand corner. Click it to navigate between sessions.
What if only 3 or 4 people come? Will we get the group rate?
Due to COVID-19 considerations and potential restrictions, we are counting as a group 2+ people gathering in person or virtually. Bring along a friend, in whatever way you can manage, and get the group discount price. We want to support community as much as possible this year more than ever.
If your group (in person or virtual) is 5+ attendees (not counting the hostess), then after your event we will refund your registration fee in full. If the group is 2-4 (not counting the hostess), then you will receive half of your registration back after the event.
Groups are counted by number of names on the invoice turned in or by the number who used the group’s unique discount code (our system tracks this).
How do my friends register?
Your friends can register at the door on the day of your local retreat with you or they can register on our site with a unique group rate discount code we will give you.
Why do I have to pay more as the leader than the group rate?
Whether you collect and invoice or have everyone pay on our site, if your group is at least 5 people (not including yourself), then we will refund or credit your entire registration after the fact. If your group is 2-4 people (not including yourself), then we will refund half your registration.
We love our hostesses and appreciate what you do to build community and support locally.
Is this for classical or Charlotte Mason moms only?
No! We’re going to be talking to the intentional, purposeful homeschool mom who wants to do a good job and also not burn out while doing her best. No matter what your homeschool method, this will be a day of refreshment and renewal with a little kick-in-the-pants honesty.
Have another question? Let us know!