What is a good education? What is it for? To answer these questions, Stratford Caldecott shines a fresh light on the three arts of language, in a marvelous recasting of the Trivium whereby Grammar, Dialectic, and Rhetoric are explored as Remembering, Thinking, and Communicating. These are the foundational steps every student must take towards conversion of heart and mind, so that a Catholic Faith can be lived out in unabashed pursuit of the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. Beauty in the Word is a unique contribution to bringing these bountiful aspects of the Real back to the center of learning, where they rightfully belong. If your concern is for the true meaning of education for your children, here is the place to begin.
As mentioned in:
- Episode #22 – Don’t Lose That Lovin’ Feeling
- Episode #23 – The Nitty-Gritty Guide to Homeschooling High School Boys (with Cindy Rollins) by Mystie Winckler during the Scholé Everyday segment
- Episode #38 – An Education By Any Other Name …
- Episode #54 – Gainsaying Sayers – as another source on what grammar is in classical education
- Episode #60 – History as a Center Cannot Hold (with Angelina Stanford!)