We are absolutely thrilled to have Susan Wise Bauer on the show today! Susan Wise Bauer is a writer, historian, educator, and farmer. She’s the author of twenty books and the founder of the educational publishing company Well-Trained Mind Press. Susan’s parents taught her at home for most of elementary and middle school, and all of high school. She went on to earn graduate degrees in divinity, English literature, and American studies. She has been married to Peter since 1990. … Read More
Today’s discussion between Brandy, Pam, Mystie, and Abby centers on the differences between communities and networks as spelled out by John Taylor Gatto in his wonderful little book Dumbing Us Down. To which do you belong? Is there an ideal? There’s a lot of food for thought in this episode. Time to register for the Loving Well retreat! Registration is now open for this year’s online local retreats which is coming up on Saturday, October 10th. The theme of this … Read More
Ideal for new and experienced moms from all homeschooling methods the Learning Well Retreat will help you:
- Discover and apply truth, goodness, and beauty for yourself and not only your curriculum.
- Troubleshoot your difficulties in carving out time to preread and read on your own.
- Balance a scholé atmosphere with effective consistency.
- Find ways to learn and teach that work with your personal style instead of against it.
- Learn how the liberal arts apply to all of life and not only the books you choose.
This is the teacher’s development day you need.
Is there really such a thing as classical education for preschoolers? You may be surprised to learn that yes the ancients actually had opinions on what to do with the little ones entrusted to us. In today’s episode, Mystie, Brandy, and Abby discuss a bit about what Plato, Aristotle, and Quintilian had to say on this subject. Registration for Loving Well is now open! Registration is now open for this year’s online local retreats which will take place live on … Read More