Held live on October 10, 2020!
Ideal for new and experienced homeschooling moms from all backgrounds, the Loving Well Retreat will help you:
- Discover the many facets of true love that you need as a mother.
- Learn how to read with an open heart.
- See how learning and love are connected.
- Live out a life full of love alongside your children.
- Develop a thinking love for your children.
This is the teacher’s development day you need.
an 8-week, 24-session intensive with Steven Rummelsburg on how to think, converse, and teach with logic and love
Build on a foundation of truth with clear, sound principles. Learn logic as a liberal art that will set your mind and conversation and teaching free.
July 13-September 4, 2020
Lifetime access included.
By Thaddeus Kozinski. In the Liberty of Logic course, Steven Rummelsburg will be teaching from this book by his friend, Thaddeus Kozinski. It is a highly recommended companion resource, but optional to the course. Material Logic: Words, Thoughts, Reality is written with humor and clarity and meant to be used with and read by 8-10 graders. Purchase grants unlimited household access to the pdf version of this book.
Limited run 5×5 reading journals to help you think deeply about 25 books this year.
Spring Training Seminar Series 2020
Great conversations about the Great Conversation: How to develop an understanding of a Socratic Seminar as it ought to be.
- Session 1 – Science, Souls, & Synthesis: Recovering Reality (May 11, 2020, 5pm Pacific)
Without a grasp of what is real, conversation is doomed.
- Session 2 – Art, Arete, & Action: Loving Language (May 18, 2020, 5pm Pacific)
Literacy is an art, essential to fruitful conversations concerning the classics.
- Session 3 – Nature, Knowledge, & Nothings: Prioritizing Principles (May 25, 2020, 5pm Pacific)
When utility and practicality displace truth and virtue, we get none of them.
Commonplacing does not need to be fussy or fancy or flawless. It is a historic practice, done in a variety of ways, to help readers think more deeply and clearly and not just let the words pass over them. It is a time-tested and time-honored way to weave learning into real life.
In this workshop, we’ll walk you through our own various commonplace methods over the years, talk about how we’ve changed and adapted, and our top recommendations for getting started.
Spring Training Seminar Series 2019
This series of three lectures will help mother-educators better understand the project they have undertaken, allowing them to fulfill their responsibilities with understanding and wisdom.
- Session 1 – What is education? What does it mean to be educated? Why is it necessary for human beings, not just for the modern world but for all time and in all cultures?
- Session 2 – What is classical education? Building upon the first session, we will investigate how classical models are the best answer to the problems of human sin and ignorance, and how modern educational theories systematically ignore these realities.
- Session 3 – What is Christian education? Finally, we will examine some basic questions regarding the relationship between faith and educational philosophy. Expanding on our discussion from sessions 1 and 2, we will look at how classical education and Christian education might be harmonious but not identical.
Access is included in the Sophie level of Sistership.
Limited edition bag! These are large, heavy-duty canvas bags with an external zippered pocket and a zippered main pouch. It’s the perfect book tote – roomy enough for multiple books, a notebook, and pens.
Give a sister the gift of Sophie-level learning. Each quantity that you add is a month’s subscription. It will not renew or autocharge after this purchase. Adding 12 months will automatically discount to the annual price.
Get more of the conversations and community you’ve been seeking – with likeminded, deep-thinking homeschooling moms. Better than Facebook or Patreon, the Sistership is an online community (with an app!) that lets you chat, connect, listen to exclusive extra audio, find replays of past events, and even schedule local events of your own. Book clubs, both online and in person, are supported within the community and we can easily share not only our own #scholeeveryday but also have meaningful conversations about the latest episode or our current book selection.
Grow in wisdom & truth in your own lifelong liberal arts pursuit. Apply principles not only to education, but to life.
As a Sistership Sophie you’ll find camaraderie and conversation about topics that matter, plus so much more. You’ll also receive the educational support you need to remain an engaged lifelong learner yourself. Exclusive lectures, conversations, book clubs, and mentorships will feed your mind and soul and prepare you to be a better lead learner in your home.