February is often called “Homeschool Burnout Month” for a reason — because a lot of us are tempted to lose heart during this short but tricky month in which winter has surely overstayed its welcome. The main thing we’re discussing today is the idea that levity — not taking ourselves too seriously — is a key to preventing that dreaded homeschool mom burnout. We make sure to refer to sources like GK Chesterton, Charlotte Mason, Catherine Levison, and Carole Joy Seid … just to name a few. There is definitely a lot of food for thought in this one!
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: Preventing Burnout Through Levity
- Catherine Levison
- CM West Conference
- Pam’s interview with Carole Joy Seid for The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
- Chesterton quote was from Orthodoxy
- Brain Breaks on Pinterest
- Charlotte Mason quote was from School Education
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- A Sane Woman’s Guide to Raising a Large Family by Mary Ostyn
- Amazon Echo
- “This reminds me of Cindy” — Cindy who? Cindy Rollins.
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
Want to ask an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question?
Go fill out this handy little form or and your question might be featured on a future episode of the show!
You can even record yourself asking the question and be on the podcast!