Today’s show is all about thankfulness and Brandy is extremely thankful for Mystie. You see, we had recorded a different episode, but the recording had technical difficulties, and we weren’t able to use it. Mystie was willing to do a special recording, and we are all THANKFUL for her and that she was willing to do this so last minute!
In this episode, Mystie and Brandy first discuss the philosophy of thankfulness and the connections between gratitude and scholé. After that, they talk about all the long list of people and curricula and organizations that make us happily and gratefully classical.
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Simplified Dinners. Simplified Dinners is not just another cookbook. It’s a whole new way to think about dinner and everything it entails. Make the whole process simpler and less draining by shopping from the same list every time without fixing the same meals on an endless rotation. Real homemade food doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. Simplified Dinners will make it easy, and, well, simple! Use the discount code sisters to get 20% off. Visit Simplified Pantry to learn more.
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: Thankfully Classical (and Classically Thankful?)
- The Babylon Bee
- Leisure: the Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- William Bradford’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- Abraham Lincoln’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- Primary sources for the first Thanksgiving
- Thankfulness Prompts:
- A person (dead or alive) who provides classical inspiration
- A book that changed your life
- A practice that saved your homeschool
- Morning Time, specifically singing
- Circle Time, specifically memory work
- A principle that revolutionized your lessons or thinking or was otherwise life-altering
- A curriculum you love
- An organization you’re indebted to
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
- How do you foster gratitude in your children or in your homeschool?
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
If you’re using a different podcast player, be sure to leave us a review there as well!