In today’s episode, Mystie and Brandy have a conversation about the connection between love and learning. Is it important that our students love their subjects? Is it important that WE love the subjects we’re teaching? What do we do if we’re without love? It’s a big topic, and probably one we’ll need to come back to again and again, because it gets to the very heart of what education truly is.
Thanks to our sponsor!
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: What’s Love Got to Do with It?
- What’s Love Got to Do with It? (Brandy’s talk)
- Cindy Rollins
- Learn to Love What Must be Done (post by Mystie)
- Full quote: “Cease endlessly striving for what you would like to do and learn to love what must be done.” (Goethe)
- Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic
- 5 Ways to Revitalize Your Classical Homeschool by Ravi Jain
- The Liberal Arts Tradition by Kevin Clark and Ravi Jain
- The I Hate Mathematics Book
- School Education by Charlotte Mason
- C. S. Lewis and the Ordering of Desire
- Desiring the Kingdom by James K. A. Smith
- Jennifer Dow
- John Hodges
- Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning by Doug Wilson
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
Want to ask an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question?