Today’s episode was recorded when we had the joy of all being together in the same room (along with our friend, Dawn Garrett) for the Scholé Sisters Leadership Retreat in Portland. We had so much fun! We hope you enjoy this episode, even though there are a couple places where the sound is sub-par. (What can we say? We were all sharing one mic!)
Today’s topic is pre-reading. We talked about why to do it, how to let your personal goals lead the process, when to do it, and more!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Personality Pages. Want to figure out and understand your personality better? Mystie has a free one-page cheat sheet to help you understand each personality type’s cognitive functions. Go deeper into personality and apply it to your home and homeschool with this easy-to-understand chart. Just fill out the form to receive this in your inbox!
Know Your Cognitive Functions
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: To Pre-Read or Not to Pre-Read (Why Is It Even a Question?)
- Who is Dawn Garrett??
- My Weekly Planning + Pre-Reading Session by Celeste Cruz
- AO = AmblesideOnline
- White board
- Dawn’s scaffolding series
- Mimetic teaching sequence from CiRCE
- How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler
- YMB #10 All About Narration: A Conversation with Sonya Shafer
- Charlotte Mason West
- Eve Anderson videos from Perimeter School
- The Sea Around Us (Young Readers Edition) by Rachel Carson
- Who is Kathy Livingston?
- Big sticky notes
- Napoleon’s Buttons by Penny Le Couteur and Jay Burreson
- Evernote Keeping
- The Story of Inventions by Frank Bachman
- AO for Groups
- Traveler’s notebooks
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.