“Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, and a life.” Today, in the second of our three-part series, we’re discussing education as a discipline. What do we mean by discipline? How do we use it as a tool of education? The Scholé Sisters get real about this topic.
Don’t forget to download your free Discipline Audit forms below!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Start Here. When Charlotte Mason was trying to distill her educational philosophy into its simplest form, she ended up with 20 core principles, the distinctives of her philosophy. Offering a variety of reading assignments on these subjects, and discussion questions meant to help you dig deeply, Start Here is a comprehensive guide to the big ideas governing Charlotte Mason’s philosophy. Just head on over to the Afterthoughts Shop and use the discount code sisters to get 15% off at checkout.
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: Education is a Discipline
- Announcement about GHC Cincinatti!!
- Norms and Nobility by David Hicks
- The Great Tradition by Richard Gamble
- How Teaching my Children to Sit Through Church Saved my Day Yesterday
- CharlotteMasonIRL on Instagram
- Desiring the Kingdom by James K.A. Smith
- Who is Ashley Woleben?
- Consider This by Karen Glass
- What is the point of learning Latin?
- My Fair Lady
- Who is Martin Cothran?
- Laying Down the Rails for Yourself
- Who is Cindy Rollins?
Fill this out to download your BONUS Discipline Audit: