This episode, Brandy and Mystie discuss the Socratic Method. Is it really classical? Is it progressive? Does it have anything to do with Socrates? Has he been kidnapped and, if so, it is right to hunt him down and steal him back?? This conversation was great fun for us. We think you’ll enjoy it, too!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by the Scholé Sisters newsletter! I know what you’re thinking: why in the world is our newsletter sponsoring our own podcast episode? Well, it’s because we want you on our newsletter email list! We’ve got some pretty exciting things coming up, and the newsletter is the surest way to find out all the details. So if you don’t get our monthly newsletter (which is pretty good in its own right), go sign up! Just scroll down to the bottom of this page and fill out the form!
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé Everyday
- Topical Discussion: ENTER TOPIC HERE
- Harkness Cautions: You Need a Sage on a Stage by Joshua Gibbs (Circe Institute)
- The Sage at the Table: A Response to Gibbs by Bill Zimmerman (Circe Institute)
- What is Socratic Dialogue? by Andrew Kearn (Circe Institute)
- Socratic Seminars at Paideia.org
- Great Homeschool Conventions (GHC)
- Norms and Nobility by David Hicks
- Charlotte Mason’s Home Education Series, volume 3, on Docility and Authority
- Journal of Pedagogic Development by Centre for Learning Excellence
- Climbing Parnassus: A New Apologia for Greek and Latin by Tracy Lee Simmons
Please leave us a review in Apple Podcasts!
Leaving a review is easy! Just go to Scholé Sisters in your subscriptions and scroll down.