We are pleased to have Cindy Rollins back on the show today. Cindy homeschooled her nine children for over 30 years. She is co-host with Angelina Stanford of the popular Literary Life Podcast and curates the Over the Back Fence Newsletter. She is the author of some wonderful books. My favorite is Mere Motherhood: Morning Time, Nursery Rhymes, and My Journey Toward Sanctification. The desire of Cindy’s heart is to encourage moms using Charlotte Mason’s timeless principles in the classical tradition.
In today’s episode, the four of us are giving you a little peek at the content of the fall retreat. Our theme is Laughing Well and, as usual, we each have our own angle on the topic. You’ll find out why we chose the theme and the general ideas we intend to cover.
Register for the Retreat:
If you are listening the day this episode releases, there is only ONE WEEK LEFT for Early Bird Registration. That’s right: Early-Bird registration ends on Friday, August 2nd. Just click here to register today!
Listen to the podcast:
Topical Discussion: A Time to Laugh
- AfterCast (Brandy’s other podcast)
- Simply Convivial Audio Blog (Mystie’s other podcast)
- The Literary Life (Cindy’s podcast with Angelina Stanford)
- Who was Charlotte Mason?
- Towards a Philosophy of Education (Volume 1 in The Home Education Series) by Charlotte Mason
- What did Brandy mean when she said “a brain dump?”
- Who was G.K. Chesterton?
- Pam mentions talking to Cindy on Voxer.
- The Sistership. Join today if you’re not already there.
- Renee and Brittany.
- The Ultimate Wodehouse Collection by P.G. Wodehouse
- Penrod by Booth Tarkington
- Calvin and Hobbs by Bill Watterson
- Aristotle: A Graphic Guide by Rupert Woodfin and Judy Groves (illustrator)
- The Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the Plot to Kill Hitler by John Hendrix
- Hamlet (Graphic Classics) by Kathy McEvoy (adapter), Penko Gelev (illustrator)
Love to listen? Please share our show with the friends you love!
Podcasts rely on word of mouth. We’d love to spread the good news of joyful education, but we need your help. Next time you get the chance, recommend us to a friend! ♥