In today’s episode, Mystie and Brandy dig deeply into the four types of reading explained by AG Sertillanges in his wonderful book The Intellectual Life. Before Brandy read this, she didn’t even know there were four types of reading! It’s a very interesting distinction to make, and we think you’ll love today’s discussion.
Have you joined Sistership Premier yet?
Have you joined Sistership Premier yet? We hope so! The Sistership Premier Christmas gift is coming soon! We want you to have something extra special just for you and that’s why we asked Ravi Jain (co-author of The Liberal Arts Tradition) to come and give you some math inspiration. The live event is happening early in December so sign up and join us! Click here and join to be eligible for this year’s Christmas gift.
Download Your Scholé Sheet:
Listen to the podcast:
- How Should We Then Live? by Francis Schaeffer
- Beowulf, translated by Burton Raffel
- Beowulf, translated by Seamus Heaney
- Boys of Blur by N.D. Wilson
- History of English Literature for Girls and Boys by H.E. Marshall
- Island Story by H.E. Marshall
- The Odyssey by Homer, translated by Emily Wilson
- Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien
- The Intellectual Life by A.G. Sertillanges
- Lonesome Gods by Louis L’Amour
- Who is Dr. Perrin?
- The Four Cardinal Virtues by Josef Pieper
- Who was Charlotte Mason?
- Norms and Nobility by David Hicks
- Poetic Knowledge by James Taylor
- Consider This by Karen Glass
- The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant
- Brandy’s phonics curriculum, Teaching Reading with Bob Books
- Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- The Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas by Thomas Aquinas
- How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer Adler
- The Liberal Arts Tradition by Ravi Jain and Kevin Clark
- Acedia & me: A Marriage, Monks, and a Writer’s Life by Kathleen Norris
- Books by Louisa May Alcott
- The Pleasures of Reading in an Age of Distraction by Alan Jacobs
- The Rector of Justin: A Novel by Louis Auchincloss
- Richard Halliburton’s Book of Marvels: The Occident by Richard Halliburton
- How the Heather Looks: A Joyous Journey to the British Sources of Children’s Books by Joan Bodger