We are absolutely thrilled to have Susan Wise Bauer on the show today! Susan Wise Bauer is a writer, historian, educator, and farmer. She’s the author of twenty books and the founder of the educational publishing company Well-Trained Mind Press. Susan’s parents taught her at home for most of elementary and middle school, and all of high school. She went on to earn graduate degrees in divinity, English literature, and American studies. She has been married to Peter since 1990. They have four grown children, all taught at home; one child-in-law, one grandchild; and many, many sheep.
Today’s discussion is all about giving ourselves the classical education we never received. That’s was Susan Wise Bauer’s book, The Well-Educated Mind, is all about, and it’s why we knew she was the perfect person to discuss this with. You are going to LOVE listening to her!
Join the Sistership!
Have you joined the Scholé Sisters Sistership yet? If not, you are missing out on some of the best conversations for classical homeschooling moms on the internets. There is always something going on designed to enrich your life as a mom for the better. Whether it’s a Sophie mentorship, a book club, or even a Scholé Everyday 7-day challenge with Abby, you’ll be glad you joined. Click here to sign up.
Download Your Scholé Sheet:
Practice deep thinking.
Listen to the podcast:
- Six Easy Pieces by Richard Feynman
- The History of the Ancient World: From the Earliest Accounts to the Fall of Rome by Susan Wise Bauer
- The History of the Medieval World: From the Conversion of Constantine to the First Crusade by Susan Wise Bauer
- The History of the Renaissance World: From the Rediscovery of Aristotle to the Conquest of Constantinople by Susan Wise Bauer
- The Complete Stories of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
- Modern Times by Paul Johnson
- A Jennifer Weiner novel
- A Dick Francis novel
- C.S. Forester books
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton
- Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis
- The Road from Coorain by Jill Ker Conway
- The Epic of Gilgamesh by Stephen Mitchell
- The Epic of Gilgamesh by Maureen Gallery Kovacs
- Beowulf by Seamus Heaney