In today’s episode, Mystie and Brandy use Aristotle’s Nichomachean Ethics to discuss the connection between habits and virtue, and then proceed to convince themselves to work on shoring up good habits over the summer to pave the way for a better school year. They talk about different types of habits to build, as well as how to build them. They also discuss a question on assessment sent to us by Amanda Venema from His New Day – and a big shout out to Amanda for being the first to leave us a recorded message!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Plan Your Year. Plan your year is the homeschool planner that shows you how. It walks you step-by-step through creating a homeschool plan unique to your home, your kids, your family. There are over 40 printable planning pages plus an 80-page planning guide where Pam walks you through creating your plan. Nothing ever expires and you get free updates every year. It’s the only homeschool planner you will ever need. Check out a free sample pack of planning pages and more info at freehomeschoolplanner.com.
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: Making the Most of Summer with Habits and Virtue
- Nichomachean Ethics by Aristotle, Terence Irwin translation
- Don’t be afraid to read the classics!
- Nichomachean Ethics, Joe Sachs translation
- What a Novel Taught Me About Housework by Mystie Winckler
- Make the Plan
- Simple Charlotte Mason habit resources
- Charlotte Mason’s habit lists from Volume 1
- Mothers Be Good to Your Daughters by Kendra Fletcher
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.