In today’s episode, Mystie and I explore the relationship between personality types and scholé. Mystie draws a distinction I had never thought about before — that some types of scholé are restorative, while others bring about more of a stretching and growing — and different types serve these purposes for different personality types. The bottom line is that if you are in need of some restoration, knowing your personality type and what restores it can be super helpful.
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by the Simplified Organization Brain Dump Guide. How much crazy do you have rolling around in your head? Before you declutter your closets, you should declutter your head! Mystie’s free brain dump guide will help you do just that. By writing down all the obligations, responsibilities, reminders, random facts, and expectations that keep your mind churning, you’ll free up your mental energy so you can use it where you need it. The free Brain Dump Guide at Simplified Organization will walk you through the process with prompts and tips so you can declutter your head and move ahead with clarity and peace.
Listen to the podcast:
How does your personality affect your homeschool? Get Mystie’s summary sheet!
- Scholé RDA
- Topical Discussion: Finding the Right Scholé for Your Type
- Overview of the 16 types
- What’s your homeschool personality? by Mystie
- Personality test options:
- The Mental Neat Freak by Jennifer Fulwiler
- The Great Tradition by Richard Gamble
- Mystie’s sister: Melanie Thompson
- How to Start Your Own Scholé Sisters Group
- Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Meyers
- Leisure the Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
- A talk about first day of school traditions!
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
Want to ask an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question?
Go fill out this handy little form and your question might be featured on a future episode of the show!